"Natalie and her firm have gone above and beyond to help and support all I've been through. On a professional level times 10! I feel confident and relaxed knowing I have their help and support through it all. I wouldn't or couldn't recommend any other firm to be involved than NJP Solicitors. The help starts with Sophie and then Natalie and Shabnam are on it straight away."
Family law experts committed to clearing your name and getting justice for your family
Allegations of causing non-accidental injury (NAI) are serious and getting legal advice early on is vital. Instructing a solicitor with the expertise needed to navigate the complexities of NAIs is paramount. Unearthing the truth can require a wealth of expertise from both legal and medical professions. At NjP Solicitors, our experts have over 25 years of experience in the legal sector and are well-versed in representing parents who have been accused of hurting their child or of Fabricated Induced Illness (FII). We understand the complex nature of these cases. We know which medical conditions to be aware of and which experts to instruct to get to the truth and keep your family where they should be – together.
Get free legal advice and representation with Legal Aid
This is the most important battle you are likely to face, and how much you have in the bank shouldn’t determine your right to a fair trial. All parents and someone with parental responsibility are entitled to free legal advice and representation, regardless of their financial circumstances. This free legal support isn’t means-tested so you can rest assured you’ll have the best legal advice, whatever your situation. If you are not a parent or do not have parental responsibility and have been accused of allegedly causing NAI then please contact us so we can discuss your eligibility for legal aid.
Non-accidental injury/Fabricated Induced Illness FAQs
Social services may become involved when there are concerns regarding a child's safety or well-being, particularly in cases where there may be evidence of non-accidental injury. It does not necessarily mean you are guilty, but rather they have an obligation to investigate and ensure the child's welfare.
It is essential to cooperate fully with social services and any related investigations. Provide them with any necessary information, attend meetings, and abide by any court orders. It is also recommended that you seek legal advice to ensure your rights and the best interests of your child are protected.
If social services believe your child is at immediate risk of harm, they may seek to remove them from your care. It’s imperative to obtain legal advice at an early stage.
If you firmly believe that you are innocent, it is crucial to gather any evidence that can support your position. Your legal representative will guide you through this process.
Unless there are specific concerns for the child's safety, you should be allowed supervised contact during the investigation to maintain your bond with your child. Social services will assess the situation and determine the appropriate level of supervision based on the child's needs and any existing allegations.
Social services have a responsibility to act in the best interests of the child and conduct a fair and thorough investigation. It is important to remember that social services' primary goal is the safety and well-being of the child.
Legal aid is still available for the following areas of family law and you do not need evidence of domestic abuse or child abuse:
- Social services involvement – if social services are applying for a care order, supervision order or emergency protection order in relation to your children, legal aid is always automatically available.
- Family Law injunctions – for protection from harassment/domestic abuse.
- Where the person needing legal aid is a child under 18 who is a party to family proceedings
- International and domestic child abduction – including to secure an order to prevent the unlawful removal of a child from the UK or to secure the return of a child unlawfully removed within the jurisdiction
Get the urgent legal advice you need to keep your family together
- Call us for free today – there's no need to book; we’ll give you free advice, same day.
- Deep dive into your case - We’ll drill down into the details of your situation so we can decide on the next steps for your family’s unique situation and needs.
- Get the legal support your family deserves – Whatever your situation, we’ll waste no time getting to work right away with your family’s best interests as our top priority, helping to secure the best outcome possible for you all.
Don’t delay. There’s too much at stake to try and do this alone.
You shouldn’t have to feel helpless when navigating the scariest ordeal of your life. You and your family deserve the very best legal representation from those who are willing to fight tooth and nail to have your voice heard. Book a call with NjP Solicitors today and get the supportive, expert legal advice you need to ensure the best outcome possible, so you can finally put this nightmare to bed.